Take time to sample some of the Barossa Valley’s finest wines and gourmet food that has made this South Australian wine region an international icon.
Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa Valley wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine region.
Your first stop is Pindarie, a multi-tourism award winning cellar door, which feels more like an Australian Homestead than a cellar door. The friendly staff share their stories behind the wines as you sample their famous blends in the heritage stables. Sit back and admire their stunning vineyard views while you enjoy some morning tea.
The next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Maggie Beer – cook, writer and founder of ‘Maggie Beer Products’, offers tastings and sales of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. Here you can browse amongst her personally selected regional specialty goods, purchase one of her signed books or simply sit back and take in the view.
On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you will enjoy a structured wine tasting whilst sampling local seasonal produce from gourmet platters. Main course follows, and is a feast for the senses, with two signature dishes, salad and vegetables. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine from the impressive wine selection, or enjoy a coffee accompanied with their popular Chocolatier (Chocolate Port).
Leaving Lambert Estate, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto the Barossa Valley Chocolate Company your final stop for the day. Here you will taste house made chocolates paired with Vineyard Road’s handcrafted wines which will be a great way to finish off your Barossa Food & Wine Experience.
- Morning pick up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Full day guided small coach tour with expert commentary by local driver/guide
- Morning tea and tastings at the award winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
- Delicious 2 course Barossa lunch at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Enjoy house made chocolates paired with wine at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company, Tanunda
- Expert commentary by local driver/guide
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice.
- Pindarie will be closed between 23 December 2019 and 5 January 2020. This will be replaced with wine tastings at another cellar door.